This Golden Oreo and Pomegranate Tiramisu with white chocolate chunks is the perfect dessert to make for Christmas Lunch this year. An excellent way to end a Summer meal, and pretty much the only thing I’m going to be dreaming of eating again for the next few weeks.
Creamy mascarpone, speckled with fresh vanilla, layered with golden Oreos, white chocolate chunks and ruby red pomegranate seeds. This dessert is ridiculously easy to make and quick to throw together. It’s based loosely on the recipe I shared a few years ago for a White Chocolate and Raspberry Tiramisu Tart.
I used frozen pomegranate seeds which I got from ganico organic pomegranate farm in Muldersdrift. Yes, you CAN freeze pomegranates, who would of thought? They defrost beautifully by the way, which mean you can have pomegranates all year round!!
- 250g mascarpone
- 250ml cream
- 1tsp vanilla paste
- 50g sugar
- 20 golden Oreos or other vanilla flavoured cookie
- 100ml milk
- 100g white chocolate, broken into small chunks
- 150g pomegranate seeds
- 50ml pomegranate juice (you can juice pomegranates by putting the seeds in a blender, then sieving out all the white bits)
- In an electric mixer, beat together the mascarpone and sugar.
- Add the cream and vanilla, and beat until thick.
- Place the milk in a bowl, and dip the Oreos into it, until they are slightly soaked through.
- Assemble the dessert, by alternating layers of oreo, mascarpone mixture, white chocolate chunks and pomegranate seeds.
- For an extra pomegranatey tang, you can sprinkle a bit of pomegranate juice between the layers too.
- The size of your dish will determine how many layers you can do, I used quite a narrow dish, so I managed to get 3 layers. You may only get 2.
Please don’t use my pictures without my permission.0