**Hello – Just to clear up any confusion, I do not own Krispy Kreme, nor do I work there, I just eat their doughnuts occasionally. Don’t email me to order doughnuts, m’kay?**
This is just a short post to give you the Low Down on Krispy Kreme South Africa’s first store in Rosebank :
- They open on 25 November 2015.
- You can find the shop at The Zone in Rosebank, downstairs, around the corner from Burger King.
- Original Doughnuts are R9 each, other doughnuts are R11. An assorted box of 12 costs R100.
- The stores opening hours are from 7am to 9pm from Sunday to Thursday, and from 7am to 10pm on Friday and Saturday.
- The doughnuts are made fresh in store, and you can watch the doughnut machine in action through a giant glass window.
- A fresh doughnut straight out the fryer is life changing.
- There are 15 different flavours to choose from including:
- Original Glazed
- Chocolate Iced Glazed
- Chocolate Iced with Sprinkles
- Cinnamon Ring
- Cookies and Kreme
- Red Velvet Cake
- Peanut Butter with Chocolate Drizzle
- Chocolate Iced Custard
- Powdered strawberry filled
- Cinnamon Apple
- Caramel Kreme Crunch
- New York Cheesecake
- Glazed Vanilla Cake
- Glazed Chocolate Cake
- They are very sweet as every doughnut is covered in a glaze as it comes out the fryer.
If you want to make doughnuts at home have a look at my Mini Doughnut recipe.
Disclaimer: I was invited to attend the launch of Krispy Kreme in South Africa. All thoughts and views expressed are my own. Please don’t use my photos without my permission (otherwise every doughnut you eat will add 1kg to your thighs)4