Raspberry jam mini doughnuts with caramelised white chocolate
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Everyone loves mini doughnuts. They are small enough to eat in one bite, and just look so cute you can’t help but want to eat whole platefuls of them. These mini doughnuts were made in a mini doughnut machine, but can just as easily be baked in mini muffin trays if you don’t have one.
Raspberry jam was swirled through the batter of these doughnuts, which were coated in cinnamon sugar and served with a caramelised white chocolate dipping sauce. Lets just talk about the magic that is caramelised white chocolate. Chocolate is roasted in the oven until it turns a beautiful caramel colour. It tastes like caramel and shortbread biscuits, and is really delicious.
The inspiration behind this dish, can from the list of ingredients I received for Freshly Blogged week 6. We had to make 2 dishes with the given ingredients, and these doughnuts were one of them. My second dish was a chicken liver pate with raspberry and onion marmalade.
- 80g white chocolate
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp cream
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 200g flour
- 125g brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 150ml milk
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 5 Tbsp raspberry jam
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat an oven to 100 degrees Celsius.
- On a non-stick baking tray, place the chocolate and cover it with the vegetable oil.
- Place the tray in the oven, and after 5 minutes, stir and spread the chocolate with a clean butter knife.
- Cook for a further 25 minutes, stirring every 3 to 5 minutes. Don’t let it get too dark, you want a beautiful caramel colour.
- *It may look crumbly at a stage, but will eventually smooth out.
- Heat the cream for 20 seconds in the microwave, and add the caramelised white chocolate and stir.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper (if using). If the mixture hardens before you use it, place it in the microwave for 15 seconds to soften.
- I used a mini doughnut machine to bake my doughnuts, they can also be baked in mini muffin tins in the oven for about 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, milk, oil, egg and jam together to form a batter.
- Spoon a heaped teaspoon of the batter into each section of the doughnut maker. Close and cook for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool on a baking rack.
- Mix the cinnamon and caster sugar together in a bowl.
- Brush the doughnuts with the melted butter, and dip into the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve the doughnuts with the caramelised white chocolate sauce.