Rich chocolatey cookies studded with toasted almonds, perfect with a giant glass of milk. These are the ultimate chocolate cookies.
And to make things even better, they can be made and eaten in about 25 minutes (sooner if you can eat cookies straight out the oven)
I added almonds to my cookies, but you can leave them out or add chocolate chips or any other ingredient that takes your fancy
- 125g salted butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup cake flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 50g crushed, toasted almonds
- 12 whole almonds
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees celcius (350F)
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, vanilla, milk and crushed almonds, and mix to form a dough.
- Roll the dough into balls, and squish flat. Squish an almond on to the top of each cookie.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.