Being a food blogger has it perks sometimes, like getting invited to a Lindt (I stop reading anything after the word Lindt) and Tanqueray Gin pairing workshop. Chocolate and Gin? I was curious, I had heard of chocolate paired with wine or coffee, but never gin. So off I went with Tyron to the Lindt Chocolate Studio, at the Design Quarter in Fourways. Little did I know, that what lay ahead was an informative and delicious evening.
- 140g 70% Lindt Chocolate
- 140g butter
- 150g egg (3)
- 60g egg yolks (3)
- 80g sugar
- 45g flour
- 1 tsp ground spice (clove, cinnamon, ginger)
- Form a sabayon with the egss and sugar (basically whisk it in a mixer until its light, fluffy and at a ribbony consistency).
- Melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Add a small amount of the egg and sugar mixture to the melted chocolate mixture, and fold in gently.
- Add the remaineder egg mixture, and fold.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- This mixture can be made in advance, refrigerated, and then scooped into ramekins so you can bake to order.
- To cook the fondants, pre heat the oven to 180C, and pour into moulds, baking for 6-8 minutes.
- To make the fondant extra indulgent, shove a lindt lindor ball in the middle, after it has been cooked.