I have finally found the ideal cookie recipe for using with cookie cutters. And luckily my friend Brad, happened to give me a whole lot of Christmas themed cookie cutters for my birthday (the perils of having a birthday in December). I made these condensed milk cookies for a Christmas party I had with my friends. The recipe makes a ton of biscuits. I.e. unless you have an industrial sized oven, expect to spend a lot of time putting cookie sheets in and taking them out, however the end result is completely worth it!
My boyfriend ate most of these condensed milk cookies. And he isn’t one to actively choose sweet things to nibble on.
This recipe comes from an old pink booklet, that my mom must have gotten from a school fete many moons ago. I have wanted to try this recipe for forever, but only got around to it recently.
- 250g butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the condensed milk and mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and knead together to form a stiff dough.
- Roll out the dough to about 5mm thick (put your dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden a bit if this is difficult)
- Cut out shapes using cookie cutters.
- Place cookies on a baking tray, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the bottom of the cookies is starting to brown.
There were so many cookies, they didn’t all fit in my awesome penguin cookie jar!3