With all the hoo-ha surrounding caramel and chocolate vodka, I decided I would try to create my own drink along a similar theme, and at a fraction of the cost. You only need 2 ingredients for this shooter, and it really couldn’t be simpler to make.
There are tons of methods and recipes on the net to create infused vodka’s from storing it in the freezer for a couple of days, to putting a tightly sealed bottle through a cycle in your dishwasher. I settled on using some freshly boiled water to infuse the chocolate into the vodka.
I used Rolo’s, in order to combine the caramel and chocolate taste into one, but you can use any chocolate you prefer (as long as it doesn’t have nuts, fruit or biscuits that would cause it to go a bit manky)
- 2 Packets of Rolo’s (about 100g of chocolate)
- 150ml of vodka
- Grab a sealable bottle (you can use your vodka bottle if it only has about 150ml left – I used a Grolsch Beer Bottle)
- Chop the Rolo’s in half so that they fit through the bottle opening
- Add the vodka to the bottle (If you are using a separate one)
- Boil some water, and add to a pot/bowl/jug big enough to fit the bottle you are using to make the vodka in.
- Place the bottle in the boiled water, and give it a shake every now and again to mix the chocolate into the vodka.
- Serve in shooter glasses, once the chocolate has completely melted into the vodka.
Enjoy, and drink responsibly, as this mixture can get quite potent. 27