This tart was based on a White Chocolate and Raspberry Tiramisu recipe I received from a friend (who possibly got it from a Nigella recipe).
I adapted the recipe so that I could make a tart from it, since the biscuits soaked in milk, that the original recipe called for, would not make for an ideal base
- 2 slabs of white chocolate
- 2 cups of sponge fingers crumbs
- 2 Tbsp of melted butter
- 1 tub of Mascarpone (250g)
- 2 egg yolks and 1 egg white
- 50g of sugar
- 250ml cream
- 300g raspberries
- 1 slab white chocolate
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave
- Blitz the sponge fingers in the food processor
- And 2 cups of the sponge finger crumbs to the melted chocolate and mix together.
- Add the melted butter.
- Press the mixture into a prepared tart pan and put in the fridge to cool.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff and leave to 1 side
- Whisk the Mascarpone, egg yolks and sugar together until thick and creamy.
- Whisk the cream until stiff and add to the Mascarpone mixture.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Break/crush/chop the chocolate
- Place half of the raspberries and half of the chocolate on top of the base prepared earlier.
- Cover with the Mascarpone mixture and top with the remaining raspberries and chocolate
- Keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve.